The SVRC’s mission is to promote the amateur radio hobby here in the Sangamon Valley area.
- SVRC furnishes and maintains space at the American Red Cross Building for meetings and education
- SVRC established and maintains a club radio station
- SVRC maintains repeaters(FM, Fusion, D-Star, DMR)
- SVRC provides club members opportunities to make contacts using the club station. Test drive radio equipment before building your own ham shack.
- SVRC holds voluntary examiner (VE) testing sessions for the amateur radio license six times a year and by appointment
- SVRC holds classes for the licensing exams as well as 'hands on' classes for various aspects of ham radio
- SVRC facilitates and encourages Elmering (mentoring and education)
- SVRC holds a meeting each month that features a presentation related to ham radio
- SVRC occasionally facilitates field trips to visit organizations engaged in activities related to ham radio
- SVRC occasionally sponsors out of town guests who present ham radio programs during the monthly meetings (for travel & lodging as needed)
- SVRC provides communications support at public service events
- SVRC promotes fellowship and organizes social gatherings
- SVRC is affiliated with the ARRL: The National Association for Amateur Radio
- SVRC is a 501(c)(3) organization which conscientiously budgets your membership dues and will also cheerfully accept your cash donations
Our membership year runs from January 1 through December 31. Dues for new members are pro-rated by the fiscal quarter. Paying your dues by PayPal will charge you the entire yearly dues. In January, the entire amount will be due again. For new members, our bylaws allow for a pro-rated amount, but to do this you will need to pay at a meeting or by mail. If you still want to pay via PayPal during this time, consider the excess a donation to the club.
Full Member (must hold amateur radio license)...$40
Senior Member (65 and older)...$20
Associate Member (non-licensed).. $20
Family Membership...$60 (includes all family members living at the same address. One family member must hold an amateur radio license).