The SVRC’s mission is to promote the amateur radio hobby here in the Sangamon Valley area.
- SVRC furnishes and maintains space at the American Red Cross Building for meetings and education
- SVRC established and maintains a club radio station
- SVRC maintains repeaters(FM, Fusion, D-Star, DMR)
- SVRC provides club members opportunities to make contacts using the club station. Test drive radio equipment before building your own ham shack.
- SVRC holds voluntary examiner (VE) testing sessions for the amateur radio license six times a year and by appointment
- SVRC holds classes for the licensing exams as well as 'hands on' classes for various aspects of ham radio
- SVRC facilitates and encourages Elmering(mentoring and education)
- SVRC holds a meeting each month that features a presentation related to ham radio
- SVRC occasionally facilitates field trips to visit organizations engaged in activities related to ham radio
- SVRC occasionally sponsors out of town guests (for travel & lodging as needed) who present ham radio programs during the monthly meetings
- SVRC provides communications support at public service events
- SVRC promotes fellowship and organizes social gatherings
- SVRC is affiliated with the ARRL: The National Association for Amateur Radio Link: (http://www.arrl.org/clubs/search)
- SVRC is a 501(c)(3) organization which conscientiously budgets your membership dues and will also cheerfully accept your cash donations
Our membership year runs from January 1 through December 31. Dues for new members are pro-rated by the fiscal quarter.
Full Member (must hold amateur radio license)...$30
Senior Member (65 and older)...$15
Associate Member (non-licensed).. $15
Family Membership...$45 (includes all family members living at the same address. One family member must hold an amateur radio license).